Bhodi's Summer 2006

Check out what Bhodi is upto out in the Great Lakes this Summer! Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Home, Earth

Friday, April 21, 2006

Busy... Busy... BUSY!

Hello all.
Well, We made it!

After about 69 hours of work on my part, and nearly that much on the part of Capt. Topher, over the past week.. Plumbing Problems, Electrical Problems, Rig Inspections, A NASTY 3 day Flu, Lots of climbing around in the Bilge, Spars to repair and re-varnish, Topmasts to down-rig for repairs, Sails to Up-rig, TONS of paperwork, a late night S.I.P. "Cram Session" last night, and a last minute scramble this morning..... WE PASSED OUR C.O.I. INSPECTION!!!

My first one as Mate. :-)


Here's a couple shots taken by our 2nd Mate Mathew of me bringing down our Main Topmast.



Of course I didn't do all of the work on my own, but our Captain did allow me, under his watchfull eye, to Supervise all for the rigging & the "Calling of the Shots" for the downrig of the two TopMasts. This was a great opportunity that I have been looking forward to for some time now. And... Aside for some stubborness on the part of the Topmast, (wanting to stay up), everything went without a hitch... Aside for the sweet "Prussik-Hitch" I tied for the Upper Tag-Line. :-)

More news? Well... I have my date with the R.E.C. On may 17th, I will be going to Toledo to "Ace" the 100ton Master exams and become "Captain T.C." Scary, huh?

On that note... I have got to get back to the books.

Cao for now! Check back soon.

-- Bhodi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home